Chia Seed Puddings Recipe
We love Chia seeds for providing a great source of calcium, protein and healthy omega-3 fats, and also because they are absolutely delicious! This chia seed pudding recipe is great to whip up of an evening and have it for a quick and healthy breakfast the next day.
- 1 young green coconut
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coconut cream
- 1/2 cup (50g) black chia seeds
- 1-2 tbsp raw honey
- 50g Brazil nuts, activated & chopped
- 45g macadamia nuts, activated & chopped
- 4 fresh figs, cut into wedges
- 4 fresh medjool dates, pitted & sliced
- Open the top of the coconut and pour out the coconut water into a measuring cup. Remove the coconut flesh out of the shell and roughly chop. Combine it with 1/2 cup of the coconut water in a food processor, until it's a smooth and thick puree.
- In a bowl, combine the coconut puree, coconut cream, chia seeds and honey and mix well to combine. Transfer the mixture to two glasses and refrigerate until set (at least 2 hours).
- Remove the pudding from the refrigerator and garnish with the nuts, figs and dates. Drizzle with a little more honey if desired.
Tip: If you can't find fresh young coconut, just use packaged coconut water and omit the flesh, or use more coconut cream and adjust the amount of honey to taste.