We love a super quick vegan dessert, and this delicious chocolate pudding has just 3 ingredients and satiates all those chocolate cravings!
Coconut milk is a good source of Vitamin C, Folate and Iron, while the dark chocolate provides that antioxidant and endorphins boost.
- 1 x 400ml can full-fat coconut milk
- 285gm vegan dark chocolate (60-70%), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Optional garnishes: Whipped coconut cream, shaved chocolate, berries or other fresh fruit
1. Warm the coconut milk
Shake the can of coconut milk vigorously before opening, then pour into a small saucepan. Heat the coconut milk to a simmer over medium heat. Stir often to avoid scorching. Warm for a couple of minutes, until the liquid almost comes to a boil. Immediately remove from heat.
2. Add the chocolate
Add a third of the chopped chocolate to the hot coconut milk. Stir gently until the chocolate has completely melted and the mixture is smooth. Repeat with the remaining chocolate in two separate additions. Stir in the vanilla extract 1 drop at a time, if using.
3. Pour the pudding into jars, glasses, or ramekins
Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Remove from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving and top with garnishes of your choice!