Our friends at Pana Chocolate have created this delicious recipe, perfect for your Easter treats! Naughty but oh so nurturing! Vegan chocolate shell, with a delectable caramel filling.
Makes approximately 8 medium eggs. You’ll need a high-speed blender, fine sieve and 7cm (2¾ inches) chocolate egg moulds or similar.
- 11 medjool dates, pitted
- 85ml filtered water
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1½ tbsp coconut butter
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 pinches himalayan pink salt
- 2-3 x 45g Pana Chocolate Sixty %
Slowly melt the Sixty % Pana Chocolate in a bowl sitting on top of a saucepan with bowling water, once the chocolate is melted, line the chocolate egg moulds.
- To create a date paste, blend the medjool dates, filtered water and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice in a high-speed blender until smooth. Pass through a fine sieve, if desired. Set aside.
- Combine the coconut sugar and the remaining ½ tablespoon of lemon juice in a bowl. Mix until the sugar dissolves.
- Fold together the coconut butter, tahini, salt and 80 g of the date paste.
- Transfer the mixture into a piping bag and pipe into each lined chocolate mould.
- Close the moulds with chocolate and set in the fridge for 2 hours. Once set, knock the chocolates out of the moulds and if using egg moulds, join the halves together with a little extra melted chocolate.
TIP: If you’re feeling a little strapped for time, you could omit the house-made caramel filling and replace with a scoop or 2 of the Pana Cashew Caramel spread! YUM!