April 10, 2020
Vegan Caramel Lava Easter Eggs Recipe
Our friends at Pana Chocolate have created this delicious recipe, perfect for your Easter treats! Naughty but oh so nurturing! Vegan chocolate shell, with a delectable caramel filling.
Makes approximately 8 medium eggs. You’ll need a high-speed blender, fine sieve and 7cm (2¾ inches) chocolate egg moulds or similar.
- 11 medjool dates, pitted
- 85ml filtered water
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1½ tbsp coconut butter
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 pinches himalayan pink salt
- 2-3 x 45g Pana Chocolate Sixty %
Slowly melt the Sixty % Pana Chocolate in a bowl sitting on top of a saucepan with bowling water, once the chocolate is melted, line the chocolate egg moulds.
- To create a date paste, blend the medjool dates, filtered water and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice in a high-speed blender until smooth. Pass through a fine sieve, if desired. Set aside.
- Combine the coconut sugar and the remaining ½ tablespoon of lemon juice in a bowl. Mix until the sugar dissolves.
- Fold together the coconut butter, tahini, salt and 80 g of the date paste.
- Transfer the mixture into a piping bag and pipe into each lined chocolate mould.
- Close the moulds with chocolate and set in the fridge for 2 hours. Once set, knock the chocolates out of the moulds and if using egg moulds, join the halves together with a little extra melted chocolate.
TIP: If you’re feeling a little strapped for time, you could omit the house-made caramel filling and replace with a scoop or 2 of the Pana Cashew Caramel spread! YUM!