Cauliflower is high in fibre to promote digestive health and a great source of antioxidants to protect your cells from free radicals and inflammation.
- Cripsy cauliflower (see below)
- 435gm can of vegetarian refried beans
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 limes (1 for the cabbage & 1 to serve)
- 3 tablespoons 'Yum Yum Sauce' (see below)
- 8 corn tortillas
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Make the crispy cauliflower and continue with the next steps when it's in the oven baking.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon cumin into the refried beans and a pinch of salt if needed.
- Thinly slice the cabbage - enough for 2 cups. Mix it with 2 tablespoons lime juice and a pinch or two of salt. Allow it to stand at room temperature until serving.
- Make the Yum Yum Sauce
- Warm the tortillas and chop the cilantro for a garnish.
- To serve, place refried beans in a tortilla, top with cabbage, crispy cauliflower, Yum Yum sauce, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges to spritz prior to serving.
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (or use gluten free panko)
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (or tamari or coconut aminos)
- 1/2 tablespoon hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Chop the cauliflower into large florets and place them in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the panko, cornmeal, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, turmeric, and kosher salt.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, soy sauce, and hot sauce until fully combined and slightly darkened (1-2 mins). Pour the sauce onto the cauliflower and stir several times until the cauliflower is well coated.
- Pour about 1/3 of the dry mixture into the bowl with the cauliflower and mix. Repeat twice to stir in the remaining dry mixture to coat all of the cauliflower. Remove the coated cauliflower from the bowl with your hands and place it onto a lined baking tray. Discard leftover crumbs.
- Bake the cauliflower for 30 minutes total, flipping the cauliflower with a spatula at the 15 minute mark.
YUM YUM SAUCE
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp water
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and serve.
If you have any leftover cauliflower, you can reheat them in the oven for 10mins.
The Yum Yum Sauce will refrigerate well for up to 6 months.