Start your morning with something which is not only deliciously satisfying, but also good for you and your skin!
This Hazelnut and Date Granola is packed with nutrient dense ingredients, satisfying and easy to make. The hazelnuts are full of Omega's 3 and 6, which help keep your skin healthy, while the dates add a touch of sweetness!
- 1 cup (90g) rolled oats
- ¾ cup (100g) hazelnuts, very roughly chopped
- ¾ cup (40g) shredded coconut
- ¼ cup (40g) sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup (40g) pepitas
- 3 tablespoons (50g) pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons (25g) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (10g) vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 teaspoon (4g) ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon (2g) ground cardamom
- 6-8 Medjool dates, pitted and finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F (fan forced).
- In a large mixing bowl, add the 1 cup rolled oats, ¾ cup hazelnuts, ¼ cup pepitas, ¼ cup sunflower seeds, ¾ cup shredded coconut, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon cardamom, 1 tablespoon vanilla, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 3 tablespoons maple syrup, then stir to combine.
- Pour and spread the mixture evenly onto a paper-lined baking tray.
- Bake at 180°C/350°F for 12-15 minutes, tossing the mixture every 5 minutes to ensure even baking.
- Once golden brown, remove the mixture, add the chopped dates, stir to combine, then allow to cool.
- Serve with poached pears, or your favourite poached or fresh fruit and yoghurt.
- Store in an airtight jar in the pantry or fridge.
Recipe and images by Gather & Feast