A fresh zesty salad for Spring!
This salad makes a delicious lunch or dinner as the weather warms up. With Avocado, full of vitamins and fatty acids, this salad will also help promote luminous skin.
- 1 head butter lettuce, washed & dried thoroughly
- 1-2 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced diagonally
- 1 large mango, sliced
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1 bunch Thai basil (about ¼ cup leaves)
- 6 spring onions (scallions), finely sliced
- 2 tbs roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 2-3 tbs toasted flaked coconut
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tbs tamari
- 1 tbs pure maple syrup (OR 1 tsp brown sugar OR coconut sugar)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of chili flakes to your taste
- Arrange the lettuce onto a large serving plate.
- Add the cucumber, mango, and avocado, and then using your hands ensure all of the ingredients are evenly placed throughout the salad.
- Next top with the sliced spring onions (scallions), fresh Thai basil leaves, peanuts, toasted coconut, and fresh lime zest.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small jar and shake to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad just before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe by Gather & Feast