This raw chocolate walnut fudge by 'Oh She Glows' is an adaptation from a traditional chocolate fudge... It has been tweaked to omit all the refined ingredients, so it's a more health conscious dessert. So smooth & creamy, the fudge just melts in your mouth!
Walnuts are a great source of Omega-3, Almonds provide magnesium & vitamin e, and the cocoa powder is packed with antioxidants ~ the perfect holiday treat with benefits.
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (or raw cacao powder)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch fine grain sea salt, to taste
- 3/4 cup raw walnuts, roughly chopped
- With electric beaters, beat together the coconut oil and almond butter.
- Sift in the cocoa powder and beat again until combined.
- Pour in the maple syrup, vanilla, and salt and beat until smooth.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Line a loaf pan with a piece of parchment paper. Scoop the chocolate mixture into the pan and spread out until even. You can also break up more walnuts and sprinkle them over the top of the fudge for extra crunch and good looks.
- Freeze for about 1 hour, or until solid. Slice into small squares and serve immediately.
Tip: As this fudge is raw, it softens at room temperature, so be sure to keep it chilled!