Perfect for a winter’s evening at home, this curry-soup is packed with flavour and a generous helping of veggies, including cauliflower, potato and sweet potato - which are all rich sources of skin-loving antioxidant vitamin C.
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets (about 6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 fresh red chili pepper,
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 3 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 3 cups diced peeled sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 can coconut milk
- Chopped fresh coriander & chili for garnish
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine all seasoning in a small bowl.
- Toss cauliflower with 1 tablespoon oil & 1 tablespoon of seasoning mix in a large bowl.
- Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet & roast until the edges are browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook onion and carrot. Add garlic, ginger, chili and the remaining spice mixture. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute more.
- Stir in tomatoes & simmer for 1 minute.
- Add stock, potatoes, sweet potatoes, &lime juice.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat & simmer. Stir occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk and the roasted cauliflower. Return to a simmer to heat through. Serve garnished with coriander & chili to taste.