This salad is definitely a spring & summer favourite in the Gaia Retreat & Spa kitchen! It combines a whole lot of amazing superfoods that provide essential fatty acids, plant-based protein and fibre... and it tastes so delicious!
- 2 bunches baby beetroots, simmered until tender (approx. 45 mins), skins rubbed off and halved
- 4 large handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 2 avocados diced
- 1 cup quinoa, simmered in plenty of water until tender (approx. 10 mins), drained and spread out on a tray to dry
- 2 handfuls mixed sprouts
- 2 tbsp hempseed
- 2 tbsp linseed (flax seed)
- ½ cup walnuts, lightly roasted and broken into smaller pieces
- ½ cup blueberries halved
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maca root powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cacao nibs crushed to powder
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup hempseed oil
- 1/2 cup flax seed oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup water
- For dressing whisk lemon juice, chia seeds, cacao powder, maca root powder, apple cider vinegar, water and honey until well combined. Whisk in oils and salt. Taste and adjust if necessary.
- For salad gently combine all ingredients, except baby beets and walnuts, in a large bowl. Add some dressing to moisten.
Top with baby beets, walnuts and a little extra drizzle of dressing.