We absolutely love our Australian native ingredients, for their unique properties and the amazing benefits they deliver for our skin… and Finger Lime is definitely one of our favourites! We are in awe of what this magical little fruit does for our skin, which is why it’s a hero ingredient in our Kakadu Brightening Serum!
What is Finger Lime?
Finger Lime is a native Australian citrus fruit, grown in rainforest areas in the Northern Rivers NSW… Its shape is small, finger-like and inside it has delicate tiny juice pearls, which resemble fish caviar, a reason why this fruit is also referred to as ‘Lime Caviar’! Finger Lime is edible & offers an abundance of vitamin C to your diet, and when extracted to deliver its full plant profile in an active & potent form, it is idyllic in skincare to provide a multitude of skin benefits!
The benefits it provides the skin
Finger Lime contains a powerful combination of Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Ferulic Acid, which provide relief for sensitive skin and delivers age-defying benefits.
✓ Improves skin hydration
✓ Supports collagen production for ageless skin
✓ Soothes and calms sensitive & inflamed skin
✓ Targets hyperpigmentation, sunspots & blemishes for even skin tone
✓ Brightens the skin for a radiant glow
✓ Antioxidant & antimicrobial to fight against acne-causing bacteria
How to incorporate into your skincare ritual
We have featured Finger Lime in our nutrient-dense Kakadu Brightening Serum. This ultra-strength complex also features Kakadu Plum, Desert Lime & Hyaluronic Acid to intensify the hydration, brightening & anti-ageing benefits. It’s oil-free and perfect for all skin types, so everyone can benefit from the amazing properties that Finger Lime has to offer!
As we are approaching the holiday season, we thought it was the perfect opportunity to incorporate some Finger Lime into a delicious cocktail to enjoy at a social gathering! Enjoy!
Finger Lime Gin Fizz Recipe
- 10 Basil Leaves
- 1 Finger Lime
- 100ml ‘Brookie’s Byron Dry Gin’
- 300mL of ‘Strange Love Coastal Tonic’
- 4 ice cubes
- ½ teaspoon of Finger Lime pearls (& skin if you like!)
- 2 small top end basil sprigs
- Divide the basil leaves into 2 and place them in your chosen glasses.
- Using a cocktail muddler or the back of a teaspoon, crush the basil leaves to release their essential oils and aroma.
- Add the ice cubes to the glass (2 each).
- Squeeze the Australian finger limes into the glass (1/2 a lime each).
- Pour in 50ml of gin into each glass.
- Top with as much or as little tonic water as you like.
- Give it a stir, and garnish with the Finger Lime pearls and basil sprigs.