- 2½ cups chopped strawberries
- ½ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup whole rolled oats
- ⅓ cup chopped pistachios
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup brown coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon hardened coconut oil, plus more for the skillets
- scant 1 tablespoon water
- Vegan ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease 4 small ramekins or mini-skillets with coconut oil.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the oats, pistachios, flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon and salt until just combined. Add the coconut oil and pulse again. Add the water and pulse again. The mixture should be crumbly.
- In a medium bowl, combine the strawberries with the balsamic vinegar. Divide the strawberries between the ramekins or mini-skillets. Top with the crumble.
- Bake 15 minutes or until the fruit is bubbly and the topping is lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Serve with scoops of vanilla ice cream.
- Alternatively, this can be served unbaked. Sprinkle the pistachio crumble over the fresh strawberries and top with a dollop of yogurt, if desired.
Recipe Love & Lemons
Banner Image Credit: Sugar & Cloth